JUST A GLIMPSE...

It has become my habit to look around and appreciate sights and sound a step away. It brings out the contemplative side of my personhood that keeps on searching for anything that can catch attention. And in this world of constant change and countless angles, I could say life is a kaleidoscope of experiences of different people on almost everything that comes along the way.


I invite you to join me in my journal as I feature the colourful panorama of this modern life seen from different perspectives. Allow me to take you to see other sides… even the unexplored dimensions as I further search, dissect, scrutinize, and rediscover anything under the sun. This blog is a feast of the many fascinating things about life and what it has to offer.


Go through the pages and have a peek… enjoy the kaleidoscope, then let your mind speak!

PED MERCADO

ON PAIN AND HARDSHIPS


It is inevitable for us not to experience pain and hardships. No one can even claim being struggle-free. The intensity may vary, but it is still the same.

Some people avoid pain and who doesn't...

Some people so love it that they have turned themselves into a masochist...

Some people embrace pain because they believe that there is something to be learned from the experience. And I am like these people.

What do we get from embracing pain, then?

Of course, nobody wants to get hurt. But, think about these words from experience:

- Sometimes our visions become clearer after our eyes are washed with tears.

- Sometimes we have to be broken so that we can be whole again.

- No pain, no gain.

- Sometimes it is better to have risked and lost. At least, you will have something to strive for the next time.

- The darkest time of the night is when it is near dawn.

- Challenges make you stronger... wiser... and better.

- Life is sweeter when you have worked hard for something... You can really enjoy the fruits of your labour.

So, I want to thank the pains of the past...

to continue battle with the present pains...

and to future pains... bring it on!

No comments: