JUST A GLIMPSE...

It has become my habit to look around and appreciate sights and sound a step away. It brings out the contemplative side of my personhood that keeps on searching for anything that can catch attention. And in this world of constant change and countless angles, I could say life is a kaleidoscope of experiences of different people on almost everything that comes along the way.


I invite you to join me in my journal as I feature the colourful panorama of this modern life seen from different perspectives. Allow me to take you to see other sides… even the unexplored dimensions as I further search, dissect, scrutinize, and rediscover anything under the sun. This blog is a feast of the many fascinating things about life and what it has to offer.


Go through the pages and have a peek… enjoy the kaleidoscope, then let your mind speak!

PED MERCADO

cleaning up time



Last Sunday, my two-week holiday started and I decided not to travel like the previous holidays. I was certain to spend the entire vacation at home. I knew that boredom would get in the way so I diverted my attention on house errands that must be done.

Then, I noticed that my room needed a total clean up. It was in a clutter. So I grabbed a duster, a broom, and a mop. From the ceiling to the walls and on the floor, I tidied them all up. I did rearrange my shelves, table, cupboard, and bed. I swapped the places of my television, speakers, computer, printer, microwave, mirror, and bags. After some hours, my room was spic and span and had a new look. It really made a difference because I felt more comfortable. Then, I promised myself to do a regular general cleaning so that mess wouldn’t pile up again.

When I was throwing the tons of rubbish that I collected from my room, I felt relieved because I finally got the time to get rid of them. Maybe, I just needed a perfect time or maybe I just needed the right mood for cleaning up.

After that, I went back to my room checking every inch. I smiled. I began to realise that I should also try to clean up my personal mess so I would also feel more comfortable with myself and others around me. I sighed, “If it were only as easy as cleaning the room.”

Then introspection set in…

“For the past years, I know that I have been harbouring anger, resentments, regrets, guilt, envy, ill-feelings, and pride deep within me. They have caused a lot of mess in my personal life. Actually, the dirt has already left stains and sadly, it will take some time to remove. But, I think I should take the first step anyway until everything gets cleaned up. I know it is more than a room, but I want to feel a clutter-free heart. I want to sleep peacefully. I want to move freely. I want to laugh out loud. I want to be in my good old self again. ”

Now, the cleaning goes on…

No comments: