JUST A GLIMPSE...

It has become my habit to look around and appreciate sights and sound a step away. It brings out the contemplative side of my personhood that keeps on searching for anything that can catch attention. And in this world of constant change and countless angles, I could say life is a kaleidoscope of experiences of different people on almost everything that comes along the way.


I invite you to join me in my journal as I feature the colourful panorama of this modern life seen from different perspectives. Allow me to take you to see other sides… even the unexplored dimensions as I further search, dissect, scrutinize, and rediscover anything under the sun. This blog is a feast of the many fascinating things about life and what it has to offer.


Go through the pages and have a peek… enjoy the kaleidoscope, then let your mind speak!

PED MERCADO

just try



“If you don’t try, you’ll never know if you can do it.”

There was a time during my childhood when I was starting to learn how to ride a bicycle. My parents were worried that I would get bruises while learning how to pedal so they bought me a bicycle with balancing wheels. These are two small wheels attached to the bicycle to keep the balance while riding. For weeks, I had them. I enjoyed riding but I felt that I wasn’t really learning how to ride a bicycle. So without my parents’ knowledge, I removed them. At first, I fell and lost my balance. I had to try a lot of times. Surely, I got bruises on my knees which at present I still have those scars to remember my biking days. Then, one day I finally got it. I cycled the whole day and enjoyed the feeling of being in control of my balance. If I kept my balance support wheels then most probably I did not learn how to ride a bicycle.

Sometimes, we have to challenge ourselves and be out of our comfort zones to really learn something new. It takes guts and chultz pa in trying something different. There is fear. There is uncertainty and doubt. It is a challenge to go for it or not.

I had Practical Arts subjects during my Primary years. We were taught how to make baskets, trays, dust pans and many other things related to carpentry. I tried doing all the projects on my own but I guess it wasn’t really my area of expertise. I always ended up asking the house helper to do the projects for me. I really tried, but it never worked. I wasn’t given the virtue of patience and the skill in craftsmanship. Yes, I passed my Practical Arts but with the help from others. Even up to now, I don’t know how to use a hammer and a nail.
Sometimes, we have to accept the fact that there are things no matter how much we try, we really cannot do them. There may be a question of interest and determination, but really it is sometimes a question of skill, talent and ability. Looking at the bright side, it reminds us that there are things we cannot do by ourselves alone and we still need the help of other people.

Taking the challenge is a way to know your limitations and discover your strengths. You wouldn’t know not unless you try. There are risks. There could be multiple failures. There will be disappointments for sure, but what the heck…

No comments: