JUST A GLIMPSE...

It has become my habit to look around and appreciate sights and sound a step away. It brings out the contemplative side of my personhood that keeps on searching for anything that can catch attention. And in this world of constant change and countless angles, I could say life is a kaleidoscope of experiences of different people on almost everything that comes along the way.


I invite you to join me in my journal as I feature the colourful panorama of this modern life seen from different perspectives. Allow me to take you to see other sides… even the unexplored dimensions as I further search, dissect, scrutinize, and rediscover anything under the sun. This blog is a feast of the many fascinating things about life and what it has to offer.


Go through the pages and have a peek… enjoy the kaleidoscope, then let your mind speak!

PED MERCADO

fight or flight?


Fear is an emotion. It is something embedded in the system of complex organisms like humans. There is fear when we feel that our survival is threatened. Naturally it can push us to either fight or flight.

GET UP AND FIGHT. HAVE NO FEAR!

Before, I could not sleep with lights off. It was during my younger years when my imagination was still very active. I could feel goosebumps as I would imagine white ghosts and the Boogeyman out to get me in my room. So just for these lucid imaginations to go away, I would sleep with lights on.

Then, a time came when I had to stay in a boarding house near the university where I was studying. I had no choice because my home was thousand miles away from my school. I happened not to be alone in the room and I really had to adjust with different personalities in the boarding house. Unfortunately, my room mate could not sleep with lights on. We were completely opposite and that was just one of them. It was really a torture every night. So many times I had to convince myself those creatures did not exist. There were many sleepless nights just to fight the fear of sleeping in dim light. Eventually, I got it over with.

Sometimes it is best to fight the fear otherwise we will be its slave.It doesn't take overnight to win the battle against fear, but it takes time. We must persevere and endure to conquer fear.

RUN... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

There are people who would say that only a coward runs away. They consider it as an easy way out and running doesn't get the fear away. By doing so, we make ourselves a laughing stock and a lesser being in the face of others.But I want to look at the other side of the spectrum.

I believe that not everything is worth the fight and sometimes we have to run away to keep us alive. If we realize that we are really on the losing end, why should we still gamble or risk? It is better not to make a drastic move. Sometimes the best strategy is to run away.

I was just a small kid then when got into a fight.There were quite a number of them against me. It started with the teasing and bullying so I tried to hit back. When I realised that there were many of them, I ran away. I didn't want to end up beaten up. I told myself that there would be another time to get back at them. After some days when everything cooled down, a hard fight never materialised but rather a truce between me and them. It ended positively. The act of running away served me in a good way.

I think I have run a lot of times in my life. But, I don't regret because it made me survive. It made me who I am - a stronger person

No comments: