JUST A GLIMPSE...

It has become my habit to look around and appreciate sights and sound a step away. It brings out the contemplative side of my personhood that keeps on searching for anything that can catch attention. And in this world of constant change and countless angles, I could say life is a kaleidoscope of experiences of different people on almost everything that comes along the way.


I invite you to join me in my journal as I feature the colourful panorama of this modern life seen from different perspectives. Allow me to take you to see other sides… even the unexplored dimensions as I further search, dissect, scrutinize, and rediscover anything under the sun. This blog is a feast of the many fascinating things about life and what it has to offer.


Go through the pages and have a peek… enjoy the kaleidoscope, then let your mind speak!

PED MERCADO

on remembering...



"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- taken from Veenah's wall in facebook

This is not the first time I have read this quote. But, a friend of mine reminded me of this beautiful statement.

PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU SAID...

As a teacher, this is true that after sometime, my students will no longer remember all those lessons I had with them in the class.
Do you want proof? Think about this:
Nobody will really get a perfect score in an unannounced Final Exam.

And sometimes I myself also forget those that I've mentioned in class.After some years,what is left in me are those kind gestures and pleasant moments I experienced with my students.

PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU DID...

Again, this is true. As a friend, I sometimes feel that there are many people who are suffering from amnesia. They easily forget those things other people have done for them once you have done something wrong.Sometimes it only takes one mistake to erase a hundred good deeds. I am sorry but I want to generalise that most people have a very short memory span.

BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL...

I think the heart has a bigger storage than the brain. because , it is difficult to forget those who hurt us... it is difficult to forget who made us feel loved... it is difficult to forget those we loved... it is difficult to forget those who made us happy... it is difficult to forget those who made us sad and angry... and the list goes on.

The words and pictures in memory may fade away but the feelings remain. That is why it takes a lifetime to forgive, it takes a lot of effort to let go, it takes a lot of years to heal.

No comments: